Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Saturday Skating

Saturday I did a freestyle session, but no lesson.  Carson, who doesn't go to football games, went to a football game.  No big deal, we are trying to save money, so not having the lesson kind of helped.  Nothing remarkable about the skating.  I'm really spinning well right now, which makes me happy.  I tried to think of ways to incorporate scarves into my artistic routine, and if I decide to go to Nationals, I think that is how I will use the prop.  I think it is looking less and less likely that I will go.  There are just so many other things that it I want to do with the money that would have to be budgeted for that.  Additionally, if I want to get my dance tests, that won't give me much time to focus on really cleaning up a freestyle program.  I'd like to take 3 dances in the spring at the Hawkeye competition, and maybe the next 3 in the summer at Quad Cities.  Honestly, after Carson graduates, I think that might be a clean ending point for my current skating.  I don't want to find another coach.  One of the things I thought about really wanting to pass my Bronze test, is once I pass- I have it forever.  I know I can come back to skating (and probably be insanely frustrated having to learn everything again...) in 10 or 20 years.  But for some reason, for the first time, I feel like I am spending A LOT of money on a sport, and I'm not sure I'm getting the value I used to get.  (Maybe I've finally hit the point where I feel like I need adult friends instead of small children...)

No comments: