Tuesday, September 25, 2012

I do still like skating!

Saturday the 22nd

So it turns out I do still like skating.  I think I am just 'over' LTS.  I am thinking maybe I should just stop LTS.  It just doesn't make sense to pay for Saturday ice time though, because it almost costs the same as taking LTS! 

Anyhow, on Saturday I did a freestyle session and had a lesson.  We worked on spins, jumps, and the Canasta Tango (I need better posture).  Everything went really well.  My spins are getting quite good, my jumps aren't horrible, and the dancing seems to be going well.  I started learning the Cha-Cha, though it appears the Fiesta Tango might be a deal breaker for me due to a bad side mohawk.  Maybe I'll be able to do the mohawk holding onto Carson...

I took LTS from Hannah as a make up lesson, and that went really well too. I'm working on a backspin from a pivot, which I think will help my change foot spin.  She is also very particular about no scratching into jumps, so it gives me time to think about that too.

I think I've made the decision not to go to Adult Nationals (it is just too expensive with the new house and all), but hopefully I'll have 4 dances to test at the spring test sessions.  (Which will likely be the next available ones.

No comments: