Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I skated.

LTS last night.  Taylor is our coach now, Carson is gone for the session.  Taylor is the coach who will be taking over my private lessons this month, so it is good continuity.

I've been really down about skating lately.  I just don't see the Bronze test as doable, so it is frustrating.  It is too expensive to compete more than once a year, so what am I working towards?  I actually skipped LTS last week.  I don't think I've done that before.  (And then the rink closed for a week after Tuesday LTS, so I had a whole week off.)

To be honest, I missed it.  I really LIKE skating.   I'm just bored of LTS- the same stuff all the time.  That said, it is $63 for 7 weeks (would have been lower if I remember to register early...)  That includes 7 practice sessions. Those 7 freestyle sessions- well they cost 9 dollars each (I think, maybe $7? I've never paid).  LTS is essentially free...  (Has the rink ever done this math? Please don't...)

So I'm trying to find another way I can be athletic.  I have got it in my head that I want to learn to row.  Kevin doesn't think I can do it.  He's probably right- I am really weak.  But rowing is more fully body that kayaking, so maybe I have more of a chance...   Here is the problem.  The Learn to Row class you had to register by May 3.  I decided on May 6 I wanted to learn to row.  And they don't seem to have a June class at all!  So now I have to cross my fingers and hope I can do it in July.  Why does the world not want me to exercise?

I have a private lesson tonight.  We'll decide whether or not I should test in June.

1 comment:

T. Sedai said...

Good luck! I hope you at least have fun in your lesson - and don't get too discouraged. It took me 3 years to be ready to pass a dance test because I couldn't do one of the dances in it. Some things take a long time, but if you like it and are willing to work then it is worth it. If you didn't actually like skating, well, then it might be time to do something else. Although I had a roommate in college who did the rowing so that could be fun too - it is a VERY tough workout, but good exercise for sure.